Cold Laser Therapy
Have you heard about cold laser therapy but don’t know if it is right for you? Want to know the good and the bad about the newest treatment option? We at Chiropractic Health and Wellness Center, your community chiropractor in Katy TX, are here to tell you everything you need to know about cold laser therapy. This treatment option helps relieve pain, especially for those that want to avoid additional medications and surgical intervention. While it is still a fairly new procedure, it is gaining ground as a great resource for those looking for new pain remedies.
The Pros of Cold Laser Therapy
There are several great reasons that you may decide that this therapy is right for you. Here are a few of the positives.
- This treatment is non-invasive making for a shorter recovery period. Patients can get it and get back to their routine much faster than other types of treatment and/or surgical options.
- Easier on the body system.
- The is no need for medications in cold laser therapy making this a great option for those that want to avoid additional pharmaceuticals.
- No serious side effects are usually reported after having this type of treatment.
The Cons of Cold Laser Therapy
There can be some reasons that this therapy may not be right for you. Here are some of the negatives that are associated with this treatment option.
- Patients may require 8-30 treatments depending on the severity of the problem.
- May need several visits in a week, up to 2-4 times.
- Old pain may resurface temporarily while undergoing treatment.
If you are pregnant or undergoing cancer treatments, you may not be a candidate for this type of treatment. It is good to talk with your chiropractor about your conditions so that you can make the best decision for yourself.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor in Katy, TX
Call Chiropractic Health and Wellness Center today at (281) 855-2277 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.